Inspired by the luxurious allure of a beloved Prince song, we present to you the Diamonds and Pearls cocktail.
This opulent concoction marries the distinct flavor of Hendrick’s Gin with the rich, purple hue of ripe blackberries.
It was a star attraction at the former chic Gramercy Park Hotel in New York. This cocktail is as captivating as it is delicious!
Crafting your own Diamonds and Pearls requires a select few, but high-quality ingredients:
- 1 oz Hendrick’s Gin
- 1 oz Lillet Blanc
- 6 blackberries
- 0.5 oz Monin Coconut Syrup
Creating this cocktail is an art form in itself:
- Start by muddling the blackberries with the coconut syrup in a shaker. This process releases the blackberries' juice and beautifully combines it with the sweet, tropical undertones of the coconut syrup.
- Once your berries are well muddled, add the Hendrick’s Gin and Lillet Blanc to your shaker.
- Now it's time to shake, and shake well! This is essential to fully integrating all the flavors together.
- Strain your mixture and serve it up in a martini glass, ensuring each sip is as smooth as the last.
- Finally, garnish with a single blackberry for an elegant finishing touch.
The Diamonds and Pearls cocktail was thoughtfully named by star mixologist Charlotte Voisey, representing a modern spin on decadence. According to Voisey, the rich, deep color and texture of this cocktail are reminiscent of royal jewels, encapsulating a sense of luxury and refinement.
The Diamonds and Pearls cocktail pairs well with a variety of dishes. Try it alongside seared scallops, goat cheese tartlets, or a simple cheese and charcuterie board to elevate your cocktail experience.